Are you 16 – 19?
Passionate about film?
Want a career in the film industry?
Delivered at over 50 locations across the UK and supported by the Department for Education, National Lottery, Screen Scotland and Northern Ireland Screen our introductory hands-on filmmaking courses build knowledge and skills and show the different pathways into the industry. For talented and committed young people aged 16-19, our short courses have an excellent track record of inspiring the next generation of filmmakers.
As part of the BFI Film Academy Bradford, you will:
- Work towards gaining an NCFE in Preparing to Work in the Film Industry qualification, unique to BFI Film Academy participants
- Be involved in making a short film and get to see the process from start to finish, either working individually or with other young people
- Develop your practical knowledge and filmmaking skills
- Be supported by us to explore your own ideas to film
- Learn from industry professionals, start to make some great contacts and pick up some top tips
- Pick a short film and review it with a filmmaker’s eye – it’s one of the best ways to learn more about making great films
- Be required to plan your work, create and maintain your own portfolio and attend course sessions online – either face to face or online if necessary
Once you have completed this short course, the fun and opportunity doesn’t stop there!
You will become part the growing BFI Film Academy alumni network with access to events such as BAFTA career talks, apprenticeships, and the opportunity to apply for one of the BFI Film Academy’s intensive residential programmes.
Courses last between one and two weeks and are designed to develop more specialist filmmaking skills.