BFI Film Club
Are you 12 – 15?
Want to learn the difference between Flipaclip and Stop Motion Studio?
Maybe you just love films and want to learn how they’re made?
Or maybe you want to try your hand at creating your own short animated film?
Delivered at over 50 locations across the UK and supported by the Department for Education, National Lottery, Screen Scotland and Northern Ireland Screen our introductory hands-on filmmaking courses build knowledge and skills and show the different pathways into the industry. For talented and committed young people aged 16-19, our short courses have an excellent track record of inspiring the next generation of filmmakers.
Focusing on animation, the seven day online BFI Film Club encourages you to get creative and gives you the skills and confidence to start making your own animated films.
You’ll learn more about model making, how to make a FlipaClip and lots of other filming techniques.
You can create a series of short animated films, guided by friendly film professionals who’ve worked for companies such as the world famous, four times Academy Award winning Aardman Animation, creators of Wallace and Gromit, Shaun the Sheep and Chicken Run.
As part of the BFI Film Club, you can:
- Have fun completing daily fun tasks and filmmaking challenges
- Learn about claymation and make your own characters from plasticine
- Be supported to create your own stop motion mini film in a day
- Get top tips on how to write stories and create your own storyboard
- Find out more about careers in film from some of the best industry professionals
- Make a FlipaClip
- Watch and discuss films
- Work with sound to make your own soundtrack
- Learn about shot types and camera movements and angles
The BFI Film Club will run for seven days in late March and early April: from 1pm to 3:30pm on Saturdays 20 March and 3 April: Saturday 27 March and Monday 29 March to Thursday 1 April 10am – 3:30pm over the Easter holidays.
BFI Film Club FAQ